Learn how to use the forum

PROBLEM     Problem with Glyph cell slash (unicode 002f)

Discussion started on Other Topics

Hello

I'm a passionate newbie in type-making and don't know how to fix this problem. As it said in the subject, the slash (002f) glyph cell in my fontlab studio 5 is not working properly.

The glyph is already made as usual slash glyph '/' and saved.

Then i open preview mode, when i type on my keyboard '/' theres nothing come up on the preview mode, but when i type it double '//' it come only one '/' when i type multiple e.g '////////', it come only half of it with a distance space '/ / / /'

Im very not use to coding and its language, but if anyone can help me solve this problem, very gratefull.

Best regards
#1 - 2016-09-06, 06:12

Support+Docs, FontLab
The slash and the backslash as well are special characters used for glyphtext notation for characters that cannot be rendered directly. In glyphtext notation you can use \uXXXX for a Unicode codepoint or /glyphname to address a glyph by its name.

Please see "Editing a Sample String" section on page 553 of the Mac Manual for details. 
#2 - 2016-09-06, 07:47
Although we do try to track bug reports in the forums,
a much more reliable route is to use our bug report
form at <a href="https://support.fontlab.com">support.fontlab.com</a>

Hi Alex, thanks for your reply, im using windows os, is there anyway to solve it in windows manual?
#3 - 2016-09-06, 16:27
« Last Edit: 2016-09-06, 16:32 by bimantara »

Owh, i see, so its only happen in preview mode, i had generate it onto ttf and had no problem with.

Fixed then, thanks Alex

I might have lot of question in the future

Best regards
#4 - 2016-09-06, 16:45

Support+Docs, FontLab
It's on page 541 of the Win Manual. "Slash" and "backslash" are used this way in Preview and also in the Metrics window.

I might have lot of question in the future

You are welcome.
#5 - 2016-09-07, 11:17
Although we do try to track bug reports in the forums,
a much more reliable route is to use our bug report
form at <a href="https://support.fontlab.com">support.fontlab.com</a>

Members: