PROBLEM      Problem with Glyph cell slash (unicode 002f)

Discussion started on Other Topics

Hello

I'm a passionate newbie in type-making and don't know how to fix this problem. As it said in the subject, the slash (002f) glyph cell in my fontlab studio 5 is not working properly.

The glyph is already made as usual slash glyph '/' and saved.

Then i open preview mode, when i type on my keyboard '/' theres nothing come up on the preview mode, but when i type it double '//' it come only one '/' when i type multiple e.g '////////', it come only half of it with a distance space '/ / / /'

Im very not use to coding and its language, but if anyone can help me solve this problem, very gratefull.

Best regards
#1 - 2016-09-06, 06:12

Support+Docs, FontLab
The slash and the backslash as well are special characters used for glyphtext notation for characters that cannot be rendered directly. In glyphtext notation you can use \uXXXX for a Unicode codepoint or /glyphname to address a glyph by its name.

Please see "Editing a Sample String" section on page 553 of the Mac Manual for details. 
#2 - 2016-09-06, 07:47
Although we do try to track bug reports in the forums,
a much more reliable route is to use our bug report
form at support.fontlab.com

Hi Alex, thanks for your reply, im using windows os, is there anyway to solve it in windows manual?
#3 - 2016-09-06, 16:27
« Last Edit: 2016-09-06, 16:32 by bimantara »

Owh, i see, so its only happen in preview mode, i had generate it onto ttf and had no problem with.

Fixed then, thanks Alex

I might have lot of question in the future

Best regards
#4 - 2016-09-06, 16:45

Support+Docs, FontLab
It's on page 541 of the Win Manual. "Slash" and "backslash" are used this way in Preview and also in the Metrics window.

I might have lot of question in the future

You are welcome.
#5 - 2016-09-07, 11:17
Although we do try to track bug reports in the forums,
a much more reliable route is to use our bug report
form at support.fontlab.com

Members: