Learn how to use the forum

Anybody ever see a glyph delete the image within?

Discussion started on BitFonter

Hi all,
(first post here)

I was building out a brb file and had built up my entire alphabet. Satisfied with the results, I saved it off as as a phf. This was lucky because when I opened the brb again the letters G and K were gone; lucky because the phf file has not lost the G and K, for whatever reason and I at least have something to show for my efforts. Anyway, the letters were not entirely gone: the glyphs were still technically represented, but the art was either deleted or invisible or...something. Anyway, the cell was effectively empty.

I tried many fixes. All of these attempts include saving, closing and reopening (and I tried closing Bitfonter all the way and even restarted VMware), whereupon the glyphs were empty once again:
-pasting the artwork back in
-deleting the glyph entirely and pasting the artwork back in
-checking the radio button in Tools/Options/Image to Font Conversion and trying the two previous gambits again, separately
-pasting the letter G artwork into a random glyph! I chose the number 6; why not? Once again, it disappeared when reopened
-i copied the letter H into the letter G. Saved, closed and reopened. The H persisted! A good sign. But...when I pasted in the G artwork in over the H, saved, closed, and reopened, the G was once again blank. Drat!

Has anyone ever experienced this problem?

Thanks in advance for your time!

#1 - 2014-04-07, 18:17

A whole 3 months and no reply yet?

Why is that not surprising?  :(
#2 - 2014-07-14, 06:50

Franfonter,

Please send me this font (or a subset of it) for inspection at: jim@fontlab.com

Also please confirm for me which product you are using (version #, platform)

Jimmy
Support
#3 - 2014-07-15, 07:49
Regards,
Jim Gallagher
Fontlab Ltd.

There has been a bug reported using BRB files.

Is there another format you can use?

Jimmy
Support
#4 - 2014-07-15, 08:27
Regards,
Jim Gallagher
Fontlab Ltd.

Members: