Author Topic: Separating of Glyphs with Scanfont 5  (Read 746 times)

Blueman

• Email
Separating of Glyphs with Scanfont 5
« on: 2014-04-01, 13:31:38 »
Hi

I have scanned my font into my computer and have successfully opened it in ScanFont. I believe the next step is to separate my characters into individual glyphs. I am using the Book Smart method to separate my characters, but after I hit OK I see that ScanFont has only separated my characters into rows. For example the 1st row has the characters a b c d e f g h i j k l, the 2nd row n o p q r s t u v etc....

Obviously this is not what I was intended. Does anyone know why this would happen and how to get around this issue.

Also... what it the maximum file size that can be worked with in ScanFont? The file size for my upper case letters on one scanned sheet is 2mb and my lower case letters image is 2.7mb. Is that too large a file size to get full functionality from the software?

Thanks,

Blueman

Blueman

• Email
Re: Separating of Glyphs with Scanfont 5
« Reply #1 on: 2014-04-02, 11:29:32 »

Hi,

For the record... in case someone else runs into this problem it was the file size. I rescanned at a lower DPI (300) and reduced the file size even further in photoshop.

Once I was able to get the file under 200K ScanFont was able to separate my characters perfectly.

Blueman

Blueman

• Email
Re: Separating of Glyphs with Scanfont 5
« Reply #2 on: 2014-04-02, 17:41:11 »
Ok. For whatever reason...the problem is back. Tried the same approach with the lower case letters and now I am seeing the same thing. When I go to separate my characters out, ScanFont will only separate rows of characters, not individual characters. My spacing between characters looks good.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Blueman