Learn how to use the forum

How to keep open type tables?

Discussion started on TypeTool

Hi support people.

What I'm trying to do is make some new letters in open type font by combining existing glyphs, actually, copy-pasting them, so that I would get - for example letter č  by pasting c and putting caron on in, but I get  this error, warning that is:

Current font contains original OpenType tables. If you continue with the operation data will be removed.

It asks me - Do you want to continue? I say yes, but when I export made font, system doesn't recognize letter. So, please tell me how to do this properly?
#1 - 2014-01-20, 11:01

Support+Docs, FontLab
If you change the glyph set of a font with TypeTool, it cannot keep OpenType layout features. To keep them, you need some software which is able to decompile features on import and then compile them back in binary format. You can do this with Adobe FDK, MS VOLT, Fontlab Studio or other 3-d party's font editors.
The fact that system doesn't recognize ccaron is something different. Perhaps you might forget to name the glyph properly or assign proper Unicode index. You may send me the font to apetrov at fontlab dot com to look at.
#2 - 2014-01-21, 00:55
Although we do try to track bug reports in the forums,
a much more reliable route is to use our bug report
form at <a href="https://support.fontlab.com">support.fontlab.com</a>

Members: