Learn how to use the forum

Font is fine in TTF but has "webs" in OTF

Discussion started on TypeTool

What can I do to troubleshoot this?  When I test the font in TTF, it looks fine.  When I test in OTF, I get strings on some of the letters here and there.
#1 - 2014-01-17, 12:23
Attachments:

I got the same thing, working with TypeTool a year before your effort. Can't remember who, but one of the wonderful Fontlab people told me it's a matter of scale. Use Font Studio, if you need to construct a font family, or even a font. TypeTool is better suited to on-the-run tiny touchups of a single character in just one font, for an existing font family. Secure TypeTool edits with a converter like TransType.

Got exactly what you did. Spider webs. The whole experience was fascinating, educational. A few months later, Windows wasted my spider font (BSOD). Need a better tool to fit system metrics. In support of reasonable perspective.
#2 - 2015-11-11, 01:13

I got the same thing, working with TypeTool a year before your effort. Can't remember who, but one of the wonderful Fontlab people told me it's a matter of scale. Use Font Studio, if you need to construct a font family, or even a font. TypeTool is better suited to on-the-run tiny touchups of a single character in just one font, for an existing font family. Secure TypeTool edits with a converter like TransType.

Got exactly what you did. Spider webs. The whole experience was fascinating, educational. A few months later, Windows wasted my spider font (BSOD). Need a better tool to fit system metrics. In support of reasonable perspective.
Thank you for your words Marko. Even I was riding same boat for quite a time. Now with your input this software makes sense. I will construct my own family now. Tired if Spider webs.
#3 - 2016-08-23, 23:16

Members: