Author Topic: Converting Type 1 Ornaments to OpenType  (Read 1749 times)

Mike Gatehouse

Converting Type 1 Ornaments to OpenType
« on: 2014-01-14, 04:09:20 »
I have an Adobe Type 1 family (Minion) which TT4 has successfully converted to OpenType (TT4's handling of font families is a huge improvement over TT3 Pro). However, I cannot get the conversion to work for Minion Ornaments: it converts it to an alphabet font. I've checked that the original AT1 files correctly display the ornaments. And I repeated the conversion completely separately from the main family, and also using a different family name, but always with the same result.

Any suggestions?

Ideal EPP

• Email
Re: Converting Type 1 Ornaments to OpenType
« Reply #1 on: 2014-01-22, 08:06:32 »
I'm not sure if this is what you wanted, but I believe the font conversion worked for me. I've attached a zip file with the Minion Ornaments OTF conversion. Does this help?

Mike Gatehouse

Re: Converting Type 1 Ornaments to OpenType
« Reply #2 on: 2014-01-22, 14:37:59 »
Thanks for sending this. It's helpful in that it clearly does contain the ornament glyphs. I think the problem is with my Windows computer set-up and the software I'm using. I haven't yet been able to figure out what's going on. Although I install the font (either via Windows, or using my Printer's Apprentice software) and receive no error messages, I can't see the separate Ornaments font in Windows (viewing the Windows/Fonts folder). I also can't access the Ornaments from Microsoft Word, for instance.
All very puzzling!