Learn how to use the forum

This Dysfunctional Forum

Discussion started on TypeTool

Considering the number of questions posted here with hundreds of views but zero replies I see that you have a rather dysfunctional forum.

Elsewhere, a question about setting fence posts in concrete generates several helpful replies. Here, simple questions often go unanswered. One would think the administrators have an economic motivation to help novices decide if a cited software is suitable to a proposed use. One would think experienced users would enjoy sharing their knowledge. Apparently wrong in both cases.

Perhaps typographers are a cramped, indrawn lot. Who would have suspected?

#1 - 2013-05-15, 09:42

Support+Docs, FontLab
Hi,

I would say typographers do not use TypeTool. And perhaps they even do not open this section of the forum. So if you need an answer from typographers you better post your questions in Fontlab Studio section.
#2 - 2013-06-13, 09:35
Although we do try to track bug reports in the forums,
a much more reliable route is to use our bug report
form at <a href="https://support.fontlab.com">support.fontlab.com</a>

Alex, I love posting to old topics. Makes me feel like one of The Librarians.

Keeping beginner discussions and queries in beginner tool forums seems right to me. They speak Martian-to-me over there. Beginner forums provide the only answers I can utilize. Yet, keeping humanity in perspective, there is nothing more awesome than a baby's first uttered word. For that word one day will take form in that child's first letter. Those two amazing feats require vastly more electro-chemical emergy than a city's entire adult population can combine, if they ever found a way to truly meld their minds. It is that amazing simplicity that attracts me to beginner forums. Stand back, admire. Concepts here all share a city full of possiblities. Professionals like Twardoch make those possiblilities shine like beautiful stars... Well, comparisons are odious.

"Where is your Librarian?"
#3 - 2015-11-11, 01:30
« Last Edit: 2015-11-11, 01:39 by Marko »

Alex!

Professionals like CARETAKER Twardoch...

"Librarian!"
#4 - 2015-11-11, 01:54

How to Set the Embedding Status of Fontshttp://www.thescifiworld.com/PT/images/tv/librarians/john_larroquette_librarians_zpsf64396e0.jpg
This Dysfunctional Forum

Regardless, we all get what you are saying. Concerned with "good" questions, without replies. For example, the topic linked above. Very nice question, but content supporting question is limped. None of 'we tried this', 'this did that', then 'they found those'. Rather, a bland announcement of some grand scheme of things. Empty against the dawning horizon. Finding The Internet of Things?
#5 - 2015-11-11, 02:58
« Last Edit: 2015-11-11, 03:12 by Marko »

Members: