Learn how to use the forum

QUESTION    Using a font created by Bitfonder with Indesign for a book project

Discussion started on BitFonter

Hello,

I want to create a font which looklike very close as if i was writing with a pen. It includes several amount of intensity and opacity to reproduce the "touch" of the pen.
For example, when the pen first touch the paper, there is more ink.

I was thinking of writing all my letters on the paper, scan them, then using Bitfonter to create my font. It seems to be the better way to be the closest to handwriting ink effect and textures. 

My questions are : 
- after creating my font in Bitfonter, could y use it in indesign, photoshop or illustrator ?
It seems that i will need photofont Start, but the links in the Fontlab website are dead.

- Can i make, like in Fontlab studio,  alternate versions of letters and open type classes in order to make a "dynamic" OTF font (when i hit A A it becomes A A.alt1) 

Several precisions : i'm a mac user and i want to use this font in 100 of pages in a book that will be printed.

Thanks for your answer.
#1 - 2015-12-11, 10:06

BitFonter is for making bitmap fonts, which are a very specialized and mostly not widely supported set of formats these days (closest thing to an exception: the new Apple color font format used for emoji). As far as I know, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop do not support any bitmap font format.
#2 - 2015-12-12, 18:15

Members: