Learn how to use the forum

Trouble with exporting to Fontlab Studio 5

Discussion started on BitFonter

I downloaded and installed the trial version of BitFonter 3 and Fontlab Studio 5.
But the "Place into" option always greyed out when I tried to export the font from BitFonter 3 to Fontlab Studio using either the "Export Font" and "Export Pixel Font" option.

I try to run do this option in BitFonter 3 with and without Fontlab Studio running but neither case work.
Is there some other options I need to set before I am able to export to Fontlab Studio?
#1 - 2013-11-14, 11:16
« Last Edit: 2013-11-15, 07:32 by Alex Petrov (FontLab) »

Support+Docs, FontLab
Open Tools > Options > Outline Font Editor and turn on the "Export outline font into VFB file" option. You will then be able to open vfb in Fontlab Studio.
#2 - 2013-11-15, 07:37
Although we do try to track bug reports in the forums,
a much more reliable route is to use our bug report
form at <a href="https://support.fontlab.com">support.fontlab.com</a>

Open Tools > Options > Outline Font Editor and turn on the "Export outline font into VFB file" option. You will then be able to open vfb in Fontlab Studio.

I ticked the option in ScanFont, and even clicked "apply" and "ok" and then even quit the program and restarted ScanFont and it will NOT let me save as a "VFB" file.  This is the "Win" version of ScanFont on a Mac, running the latest version of ScanFont.  

Mike
#3 - 2015-11-17, 08:09

I've just tested it, and it works. With the option Tools / Options / Outline Font Editor / Export outline font into VFB file enabled, if you choose Image / Place Into Font, the dialog box about assigning Unicode indexes will appear, when you click OK, then in the next step you’ll see the autotracing options, and once you click OK, a save dialog will appear where you can save a VFB file. You can then open the VFB file in any compatible font editor (FontLab Studio 5, TypeTool 3, Fontographer 5, FontLab VI, RoboFont with vfb2ufo installed).
#4 - 2015-11-17, 09:12
Regards,
Adam Twardoch
Fontlab Ltd.

Members: