Learn how to use the forum

Transtype 4 Mac - Incorrect Font Families in Windows

Discussion started on TransType

Transtype 3 never did a good job creating font families, I was hoping version 4 would do better. I'm using the latest Mac download version of Transtype 4. I am importing .otf fonts and exporting PS .otf. I assemble the font and export and the resulting family works correctly in Word for Mac. Word for Windows does not see the bold members of the family and fakes a boldface. I've tested in Word 2000, 2003 and 2007. I also tried exporting as .ttf, same problem. I'll be glad to send samples. You're going to have to do better if you want my money.
#1 - 2013-10-16, 11:14

Yes, we'll be very grateful for sending feedback. Ideally, please kindly send us:
1. The input fonts
2. 1-2 screenshots from your TransType 4 window before generating the fonts
3. The final font files after the conversion
4. Some screenshots from Word illustrating the problem.

Please kindly send everything as one ZIP attachment to adam (at) fontlab (dot) com

Best regards,
Adam
#2 - 2013-10-16, 11:56
Regards,
Adam Twardoch
Fontlab Ltd.

Hi Adam,
I haven't heard back from you on this issue. Were you ever able to get it to work correctly?

John
#3 - 2013-12-03, 14:51

Is this bug fixed in the latest version of TransType 4? I'm evaluating TT4 since I need a tool to create font families for Word usage (good alternatives would be TTX or OTMaster), so this bug could be a deal-breaker for me...
#4 - 2014-07-12, 11:13

Members: