Author Topic: Output messages  (Read 908 times)

JO 753

• Nooalf. the future of spelling
    • Email
Output messages
« on: 2013-07-26, 07:27:22 »
Just tried to generate JRUG PUNK font and some warnings came up.

"feature block seen before any language system statement. you should place any languagesystem statements before any feature definition" followed by "C:/Documents and settings/My documents/fontlab etc." in brackets.

And then "feature 'frac' referenced in aalt feature, either is not defined or had no rules which could be included in the aalt feature".

Both warnings are Greek to me. I assume I need to fix something, but don't have any idea of what or how. 

JO 753

• Email
Re: Output messages
« Reply #1 on: 2013-07-26, 21:23:35 »
Now I'm wondering if its a glich in the software.

I did a little fix on the hyphen on 2NQ4YQ and then when I tried to generate it, it came up with the warning about JRUG PUNK again.

JO 753

• Email
« Reply #2 on: 2013-07-27, 06:13:03 »
Hey! It worked! I don't know what I did besides turning the computer off for a while, but after going thru the names & copyrites etc. again, it generated the font!

Try it out: http://www.nooalf.com/2NQ4YQ/

Sandy JMA

• Email
« Reply #3 on: 2013-07-29, 14:48:52 »
"feature block seen before any language system statement. you should place any languagesystem statements before any feature definition" followed by "C:/Documents and settings/My documents/fontlab etc." in brackets.
in the bottom right corner of the OpenType panel, as the first line enter: "languagesystem latn dflt;"
(without the quotes)...assuming it's a Latin font.

And then "feature 'frac' referenced in aalt feature, either is not defined or had no rules which could be included in the aalt feature".
The first feature (top right) in the OpenType panel is aalt. You can delete it and this error will stop being generated. The aalt feature will be autogenerated by FL when you export the font.

JO 753

• Email
« Reply #4 on: 2013-07-30, 03:46:46 »
Thanks, Sandy!

I've noticed a few mistakes in my font, so that'll help alot when I fix them.