Author Topic: Windows GDI menu names  (Read 2104 times)

alexgrimm

• Email
Windows GDI menu names
« on: 2013-03-26, 06:39:14 »
Hi, is there anybody out there, who can explain me this weird structure in the Windows GDI menu names? I want to generate OTF-Files of a purchased HQ font for a customer of mine. I just have add a Logo into the Font and let all settings like they were. In my Adobe apps on Mac the font family appears right, but when I open Word or PPT, the font either isn't shown or the structure is buggy.

I have Fontographer 5 on MAC 10.7.5 and want generate OTF fonts to install them on my and on the customers machine. So I can apply the fonts in a PPT presentation and the customer will have the option to make changes etc.

Thanks

Adam Twardoch (FontLab)

• Product and marketing manager, Fontlab Ltd.
  • Administrator
  • FontLab Studio 5.1.2, Mac OS X 10.6.8
    • FontLab
Re: Windows GDI menu names
« Reply #1 on: 2013-04-02, 07:28:12 »
The overall principles have been outlined in:
http://forum.fontlab.com/index.php?topic=313.0

A.
Regards,
Adam Twardoch
Fontlab Ltd.

alexgrimm

• Email
Re: Windows GDI menu names
« Reply #2 on: 2013-04-02, 11:23:42 »
Thank you for linking me to your fundamental discribtion - but does this work even in FOG? For example you speak about the checkboxes »is bold«, »is italic«. I cannot find them in FOG. I know that you want to give me a basic overview, but I recognize that in the settings its absolutelly necessary to make the right entries.

Maybe I can outoint my problem with the direct example?

I have a Rockwell Std, Rockwell Std Italic, Rockwell Std Light, Rockwell Std Light Italic, Rockwell Std Bold, Rockwell Std Bold Light and made just a replacment of 3 glyphes (Bullet point, !å