I can choose between Profile (Preserve) and (Optimize).
The first thing I do is search the manual for "preserve".
No results! Wrong manual?
Why is Profile named Profile instead of "output" or something else more down to earth?
In the Preferences it says: If destination file existst: Rename
But it doesn't work; everything is overwritten.
Where do I add WOFF customer Data?
Why is the space glyph getting outlines in the glyph panel (the word space in a wrong orientation) Aaaah!
Shouldn't there be some subsetting mechanism? It's for Webfonts right?
1. We've just renamed the profiles "Native" to "Preserve" and "Optimized" to "Optimize". The manual still uses old naming, will be updated.
2. "Profile" -- future versions will allow the user to create custom profiles. A profile is a combination of the output font format and a number of operations that are perfomed before the generation. The output consists of the Profile but also Destination, so Profile is just part of output.
3. Rename -- not functional, bug confirmed.
4. WOFF customer data -- planned for the Foundry edition of the product.
5. The whitespace glyphs have a glyph name printed to give the user more orientation what the glyph is. May become a Preference in future releases.
6. Subsetting -- planned for the Foundry edition (subsetting of OpenType Layout is anything but trivial).
Thanks for the feedback, Lucas, and please keep it coming. Your sharp eye is truly valued and appreciated!