Learn how to use the forum

TypeTools 3.1 & MacOS X 10.8.2 apparent problem when modifying TTF headers.

Discussion started on TypeTool

Paris (U.E.), le 05/12/2012

Bonjour

I seem to have a problem with a combination of TypeTools 3.1 & MacOS X 10.8.2, which I did not have with my previous combination of MacOS X 10.6 and the then-current version of TypeTool. I do not know if the problem lies with TypeTool, MacOS X 10.8 or something else (PBKAC?).

The problem is the following: if I take a font (TTF or OTF), make a change in its header (for instance to remove forbidden characters in the PS font name) and regenerate the font, then even though the file on disk is new, the header has not been changed. Changing the font file's name does not help. If I save the font as a vfb file, then the header information in the vbf file is correct, but if I now generate a new TTF file from this vhf file, the result will have the starting font's header, not the modified one as found in the vbf.

Am I alone in seeing this behavior?

Merci

Hubert Holin
#1 - 2012-12-04, 16:30

I don't use TypeTool, but if it is similar to FontLab you will need to regenerate the Additional Opentype Names for your changes to take effect (in FLS this is under font info->names and copyright->additional opentype names; not sure about typetool)

André
#2 - 2012-12-04, 21:54

Paris (U.E.), le 06/12/2012

Bonsoir

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately there is no "additional opentype names" option in TypeTool. Furthermore, the manipulation which is now failing used to work under MacOS X 10.6 and the previous version of TypeTool. I therefore believe there is a bug somewhere, but I am not sure wether TypeTool or MacOS 10.8.2 is to blame (and then again, it could be me goofing…).

Merci

Hubert Holin
#3 - 2012-12-05, 16:34

Support+Docs, FontLab
I suspect this to be a problem in TypeTool which fails to update "Additional OT Names" table.
#4 - 2012-12-06, 08:41
Although we do try to track bug reports in the forums,
a much more reliable route is to use our bug report
form at <a href="https://support.fontlab.com">support.fontlab.com</a>

Paris (U.E.), le 07/12/2012

Bonsoir

Thanks for the information. I filed a problem report.

Merci

Hubert Holin
#5 - 2012-12-06, 16:46

Did you ever get a response on this issue? I'm having the same problem.
#6 - 2013-04-09, 13:44

Support+Docs, FontLab
This is fixed in v3.1.2 coming soon.
#7 - 2013-04-15, 08:04
Although we do try to track bug reports in the forums,
a much more reliable route is to use our bug report
form at <a href="https://support.fontlab.com">support.fontlab.com</a>

Members: