Author Topic: [4692mac] Edting experience unstable  (Read 1887 times)

Evertype

• Beta: Fontographer
    • Evertype
[4692mac] Edting experience unstable
« on: 2012-11-09, 17:11:36 »
When I open a glyph window to make a change, and then close the glyph window again. the mouse ceases to function: clicking on another cell does not select it. The only thing I can do is save, quit the app, and open it again. This is repeatable, ad the workaround is the only way I can actually get anything done.
Michael Everson

Evertype

• Evertype
Re: [4692mac] Edting experience unstable
« Reply #1 on: 2013-01-04, 15:44:59 »
Has anyone else had this problem?
Michael Everson

Sandy JMA

• Email
« Reply #2 on: 2013-01-05, 08:56:18 »
Not here...
OS X 10.8.2 - 2012 iMac

typomane

« Reply #3 on: 2013-01-06, 13:40:14 »
Hello,

I have this mouse (selection) problem after editing the sidebearings in the Metrics Window.
The only solution is to quit and reopen the file...

Best regards. Jean-Claude

Evertype

• Evertype
« Reply #4 on: 2013-01-08, 13:35:33 »
I can confirm that Jean-Claude's description is evidently the same as the problem I have had; I did not notice that it was editing the sidebearings in the Metrics window that was the condition leading up to the freeze.
Michael Everson

Alan Dague-Greene

• Beta: FontLab Studio Mac
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: 2013-01-12, 00:00:27 »
I'm seeing the same thing when editing sidebearings. Also hadn't drawn the connection until I saw this thread! Hopefully it will be resolved soon. I must saved and quit 50 times today.

xangoxum

• CastleType
« Reply #6 on: 2013-07-16, 18:50:04 »
Yes, this is precisely the problem that I just reported (under a new topic). Very annoying, but at least one can Save first, before quitting.

xangoxum

• CastleType
« Reply #7 on: 2013-07-22, 20:05:42 »
When I open a glyph window to make a change, and then close the glyph window again. the mouse ceases to function: clicking on another cell does not select it. The only thing I can do is save, quit the app, and open it again. This is repeatable, ad the workaround is the only way I can actually get anything done.

This is a very serious problem. Is there a fix in the works??  It just happened to me again, immediately upon opening a glyph window and trying to select a point. Quitting several times and reloading FontLab, and even restarting my computer has not given me back the ability to click on anything. Tried other fonts, etc. No luck. So, I'm stuck! This really needs to be fixed ASAP.

xangoxum

• CastleType
« Reply #8 on: 2013-07-22, 20:11:00 »
Ah, I think (I hope!!) I've solved the problem: It seems that for some reason the outline is getting locked. After deselecting Outline in the View —> Lock Layers menu, everything is fine. Whew! Evidently, usually restarting FL unlocks that, but not this time.

xangoxum

• CastleType
« Reply #9 on: 2013-07-22, 20:45:35 »
Ok, unfortunately my discovery above was only a partial solution. Again, I just lost my ability to select anything (not just points in the glyph window, but even selecting a glyph to edit), and had to quit FontLab and reload it to continue. Hitting 'Return' did open the glyph window, however. Just couldn't select any points, and Outlines was not locked.

At least I haven't managed to crash this version of FontLab, so that is a step forward. The old version (5.0.4) used to crash several times a day, depending on what type of work I was doing.

xangoxum

• CastleType
« Reply #10 on: 2013-08-06, 18:07:39 »
This is an extremely annoying problem. I've had to quit and restart FontLab about 6 times in the last 10 minutes. This is really slowing down my workflow! I hope something will be done about it soon.