Learn how to use the forum

BitFonter upgrade to Windows ?

Discussion started on BitFonter

I have been using Fontlab products for quite a while, since Adam Twardoch and Yuri Yarmola honored the T-D list I created in 1998. Meaning, I have followed the company for quite a while, now. I am in a dilemma now about BitFonter I bought on day one for Mac.

I was going to buy the upgrade for Snow Leopard, but after reading the note from Adam Twardoch on the home page, I realize I will not be able to use it with Lion I just installed.

It would make a whole lot more sense to upgrade to Windows instead, as I will be assured to have some system continuity.

I have bought Fontlab and Fontographer on both Mac and Windows platform, as well as Foglamp (which never quite worked, damn fuckware). Now would it not be a nice commercial gesture from your guys at Fontlab to consider that, as you do not plan to port BitFonter to Tiger, to offer a cross platform upgrade ?

I would greatly appreciate you consider that it makes sense to keep a customer happy in spite of changes in Mac OS system :'(

Michel Bujardet
Match Software

PS : Listen to your customers. They cost a whole lot less than obnonxious marketing suits and ties, and are on your side : they actually pay you instead of requesting consulting fees.
#1 - 2011-07-28, 22:29
« Last Edit: 2011-08-14, 18:40 by Matchfonts »
Michel Bujardet
Match Fonts

Follow-up :
- Fontlab people don't seem to give a damn to anything posted about BitFonter. Their right answer would be at least "thank you for your suggestion". Why create forums not to communicate ?

- I have finally upgraded to Mac Bitfonter 3, then had to request the "compatibility pack" which is the Windows version running inside a Wine enveloppe in Lion. In effect, it IS a Windows app as I was requesting, but with a mandatory Wine environment.

- It works fine, so far (unlike the FogLamp catastrophe)

- I am extremely disappointed by the lack of response from Fontlab to my suggestion

Sure, Bitfonter may not be the hotest product right now, but a bit of human presence would be nice  >:(
#2 - 2011-08-04, 03:45
Michel Bujardet
Match Fonts

Members: