Author Topic: QuickType DFONTs do not appear correctly in Snow Leopard  (Read 3504 times)

drivera3785

• Email
We use several QuickType Dfonts to create tax forms with an in-house editor. The fonts load correctly in OS X Leopard 10.5 but do not load correctly in Snow Leopard 10.6. QuickType and QuickTypeCondensed are listed as TaxType and TaxTypeCondensed in Font Book.

I opened the fonts with FontLab Studio Demo. I noticed the Additional OpenType names for QuickType and QuickTypeCondensed are TaxType and TaxTypeCondensed.

I have two questions.

1. If the Additional OpenType name data is changed to QuickType instead of TaxType, will that enable Snow Leopard 10.6 to load the fonts properly?

2. If so, can you recommend a professional to update the fonts or do we need to purchase FontLab Studio?

Thanks for any help,

Dave

mekkablue

• Beta: FontLab Studio Mac
    • mekka blue
Re: QuickType DFONTs do not appear correctly in Snow Leopard
« Reply #1 on: 2010-06-10, 04:58:26 »
1. As far as I can see, the font IS loaded properly, i.e. it works. Just a different entry from the name table is being preferred by SL, that's all. You can just delete the extra name entries and re-generate the font if you're really uncomfortable with the name.

2. Take a look at the font's license first.

drivera3785

• Email
Re: QuickType DFONTs do not appear correctly in Snow Leopard
« Reply #2 on: 2010-06-11, 15:35:01 »
Thank you. I appreciate your suggestions. I will investigate the license before making any changes.

Regards, Dave