Learn how to use the forum

Word wrapping problem

Discussion started on Archive: SBL Hebrew

ArchivePoster

Posted by: bjnoonan

My apologies if this question has been answered already in the forum; I could not find anyone discussing this issue in looking right now. I have a problem with spacing whenever I have a paragraph with both English and Hebrew text in Microsoft Word 2003 that I'd like some help on.

When I have English text and Hebrew text in parentheses, and the Hebrew text wraps over the next line, there is always an extra space that is created in between the left parenthesis and the Hebrew text. I cannot figure out how to get rid of the extra space, and I do not know why it is there. This problem does not appear to exist with the right parenthesis, only with the left. Has anyone else experienced this problem, and does anyone know how to resolve it? Thanks! 

#1 - 2008-06-08, 22:41

ArchivePoster

Posted by: jpkang71

Substituting a soft return (shift-return) for the space closes it up.

This is best done when the text is in near-final form and you don't need to worry about having to go back and adjust this fix if it no longer looks correct (say, if the text before this point gets longer or shorter and introduces an unsightly line break).

#2 - 2008-06-15, 16:10

Members: