Learn how to use the forum

Help with SBL Hebrew font in Mellel on Mac

Discussion started on Archive: SBL Hebrew

ArchivePoster

Posted by: Donny790

Hello!

I am trying to use SBL Hebrew font on Mellel for Mac OSX and I'm not having success.  I read through archived discussions on this and the Mellel tutorials and still have had no success.

Could anyone offer some basic instructions for a beginner?  Thanks much!

#1 - 2007-08-30, 02:49

ArchivePoster

Posted by: eleuteruiz

Hmm... your message is not very clear. I would suggest to try these steps:
- make sure SBL is rightly installed in the system (you can check this in Font Book)
- are you trying to write Hebrew in Mellel as Unicode Hebrew? This means usually that you use a Hebrew keyboard (you know, System Preferences / International / Keyboard menu /  there you need to have a Hebrew kbd checked -  Then you have to choose this kbd, normally by clicking in the menu bar on the icon with the flag).

It simply SHOULD work... Or perhaps you could be more specific in describing your difficulties.

#2 - 2007-09-04, 00:18

ArchivePoster

Thanks so much for your message!

When I go to Mellel, I can find "SBL Hebrew" as one of my fonts, both in the "main font" and "secondary font."  I even select "Hebrew" under the "script" but the cursor still types only in English.

SBL Hebrew seems to be rightly added in Font Book and I checked Hebrew and a few other languages I'd like to rotate among under the System Preferences/International/Keyboard Menu.

I just have not yet been able to see Hebrew text when I type in Mellel.

I would be grateful for any further advice!

#3 - 2007-09-05, 02:13

ArchivePoster

Yes!

I just played around a little more with Mellel and got the SBL Hebrew font to work!

Thanks so much for your suggestions!  I just needed to hit the right key combination to activate the secondary hebrew font.

Halleluiah!

#4 - 2007-09-05, 02:46

Members: