Learn how to use the forum

SBL Hebrew 1.50 beta

Discussion started on Archive: SBL Hebrew

ArchivePoster

Posted by: John Hudson

I have uploaded version 1.50 of the SBL Hebrew font to the documents section of the user community:

http://groups.msn.com/SBLFonts/documents.msnw

in the 'Fonts' subdirectory.

This is an interim version of the SBL Hebrew font, which will go on general release on the SBL website on Friday, so please let me know as soon as possible if you encounter any problems with this font. Version 1.50 incorporates support for the new Unicode holam haser for vav character, DSS transcription, and a subset of Latin characters and symbols for clean codepage support. Note that the Latin subset does not include any kerning data. This may be added in the version 2.00 release, which is already in development.

[Note also new keyboard driver files in the documents section; these add input support for the new Hebrew characters in the font, and are installable under Windows Vista.]

#1 - 2007-06-04, 22:55

ArchivePoster

Posted by: Vincent M. Setterholm

For some reason it doesn't look like my previous reply posted, so:

It appears that 0323 dropped out of the font. 05C5 is the new replacement for 0323, but removing support for previously supported characters will break older documents.

Cheers,
Vincent Setterholm
Logos Bible Software

#2 - 2007-06-07, 16:49

ArchivePoster

Posted by: John Hudson

Thanks for catching this, Vincent. This is why I post beta fonts :)

I'll restore the backwards compatible U+0323 encoding for the lower punctum extraordinarium. However, I strongly advise that people update their document encoding to use the new standard encoding, U+05C5. Since the lower punctum only occurs five times in the entire Bible text (three of those on a single word in a single psalm), it should't be too arduous to change the encoding even if one were to do it manually.

#3 - 2007-06-08, 01:04

Members: